- If possible, dial 9-1-1 from a safe place.
- Stay calm and speak clearly.
- Give your call back number.
- Be able to tell them where you are located (e.g. 9-1-1 address, landmarks, or cross streets).
- Tell them what help you need.
- Stay on the line until the 9-1-1 operator tells you to hang up.
Please Note: Text to 9-1-1 is not currently available in the counties we serve.
Kari Hunt was murdered in a motel bathroom in Marshall, Texas. Kari’s 9 year old daughter tried to dial 9-1-1 four times to no avail. The 9 year old didn’t know that you had to dial 9 for an outside line first. Kari’s Law was passed due to this heartbreaking tragedy.
For more information on Kari’s Law please visit: www.texas911.org/karislaw